Initial Reactions
13
- I feel as though the play starts off quite trivially, people are angry and protesting, but they don't seem to know why. Then John arrives trying to be a catalyst for change, he seems to be giving people a reason to be angry, so everyone thinks, yeah, that'll do. At first I quite liked him, and things seem to be going somewhere and we think he makes a difference, and then it all goes wrong again when everyone realises that we still don't really know why things happen the way they do. It's quite a morbid view on life, and part of it is political, but behind all that it seems like a comment on the way we live our lives and the point of it all. I feel like the play is about complaining, and why we do it, and how insignificant our little lives are in the grand scheme of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment