Act One:
Scene Four
- I am Carol
- Costume: Office Attire
- I have come from home, I have been called in early because of the protests.
- Props would involve a file or a clipboard or some form of notebook
- In the circumstances, we are trying to have a meeting, we get interrupted because of the hoover and the noise of the protest, this causes tension.
- I try to reassure Ruth about her skirt
- I am irritated by Shannon's presence.
- I am put on the spot about voting.
- When I leave, I go to sort out the protests.
- I enter and exit from C (upstairs)
Scene Twelve
- I am a member of the Alpha Group
- I have come to discover more about my beliefs and others
- I am confused by Holly's questions
- I comfort Sally when she gets upset
- I have come from my house
- I am going out with my friends in the group after
- I have opinions, but feel too intimidated by Sally to express them
- I am wearing casual weekend clothing.
- I enter from C (downstairs) I exit from A
Scene Eighteen
- I am a party attender
- I have come to escape my struggles, I think perhaps I am a student struggling financially and socially
- I dance
- I shout
- I try to forget
- I don't know where I am going
- Props may include a drink or some form of drug
- I enter from A, I exit from B (downstairs)
Act Two:
Scene Two
- I am Carol
- I am wearing office clothes
- I am reading a paper
- I read aloud
- I am bored
- I sigh
- I feel irritated
- I have been called in early again
- I am bitter towards Ruth
- I am going in the car to meet the Foreign Secretary
- I take her coffee
- Props include two coffee cups and a newspaper or ipad.
- I enter from B (upstairs), I exit from C (upstairs)
Scene Seven
- I am Carol
- I am in office attire
- I am in the park on my lunch break
- I have a coffee and my iphone
- I check my messages
- I drink my coffee
- I think John is crazy
- I look at him distastefully and leave pointedly
- I am going to the meeting with the heads of the armed forces
- I enter from B, I exit out of C (downstairs)
Scene Eight
- I am Carol
- I am wearing office clothes
- I take a seat
- I introduce the heads of the armed forces
- I listen, I show everyone out
- This is an important meeting about the future of Iran and Britain, about nuclear war, there is tension and pressure. I care.
- I enter from C, exit out of C (upstairs)
Scene Eleven
- I am a passer-by
- I walk through the park with my boyfriend, perhaps we have gone shopping
- I pause and notice John
- I listen, I persuade my boyfriend to sit.
- I am going home.
- I enter from D, I exit to A
- Props could include shopping bags
- I wear casual clothes
Act Three:
Scene Four
- I am a follower of John
- I wait for him
- I listen to Zia
- I am angry with the heckler
- I am anxious to hear John
- I realise he isn't coming back
- I leave
- Enter from D, Exit from A
- I wear casual clothes
Act Four
Scene Four:
- I am Carol
- I am wearing office clothes
- I am at Number 10
- I disagree with Ruth
- I stand up for my opinions
- I protect myself
- I try to make her understand
- I clear the room
- I enter and exit from C (upstairs)
No comments:
Post a Comment